Jul 21, 2020
While there is no reason to panic, there is cause to be concerned about the spread of the Covid-19 / Coronavirus in Japan.
The general recommendations are that everyone takes the following precautions:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash with soap and water to destroy the virus. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- While an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol can be used, it’s best to reserve those resources for work locations where soap and water are not readily available.
- If your hands are visibly dirty, soap and water should be used rather than hand sanitizer.
- As always, it is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Regular household cleaners will destroy the virus.
- Wear a mask in public.
- Most importantly, stay home when you are sick in order to avoid exposing others.
Relo Japan places a high priority on the health and safety of all our team members, our clients, and their employees moving to Japan. Due to the increasing number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, we have put in place the following measures to mitigate the health risks to all parties:
Covid-19_RJ_Policy v12.0 (PDF)
COVID-19: Resources and Recommendations
Relo Japan places a high priority on the health and safety of all our team members, our clients, and their employees moving to Japan. The below information is provided on a voluntary basis and we do not officially endorse any of the listed websites or medical facilities.
Relo Japan Covid-19 Update NEW 11/27
Coronavirus COVID-19 Resources and Recommendations v2.0 (PDF)
Entering Japan under Residence Track System FAQs (PDF) 11/2020
Entering Japan under Residence Track System One pager (PDF) 11/2020
The Japan National Tourism Organization is involved in a broad range of activities both domestically and worldwide, to encourage international tourists from all over the world to visit Japan.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) advisory information
Tokyo City YouTube (official) provides the latest Information From Governor Koike to the People of Tokyo in English and Japanese.
Image: CDC/Alissa Eckert, MS; Dan Higgins, MAMS